GirlInterruptedReading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind - Yuval Noah Harari  Dr

My mind is blown. I didn’t expect to like Sapiens, but it flows well and it is filled with interesting information. Sapiens explains how we got to where we are and why it went down the way it did. It starts with why sapiens were the humans to survive over neanderthals and other species, and ends with why we could lead our own demise by giving birth to a new super human species. It explains why sapiens changed their way of living over time and the driving forces. It answers the big questions of why did Western Europe lead imperialism and how we are all now in a European influenced society no matter how much some cultures try to deny it. As well as why did capitalism become the go to economy over say communism. The focus is on three big revolutions, cognitive, agricultural, and scientific. Harari goes through each one explaining why the revolution happened and the lasting results on humankind. Sapiens goes beyond that though, it makes everything we value today, from religion, capitalism, nations, and culture, seem so pointless, but we can’t change it. What’s done is done, we can’t go back and change it now, just move forward.