GirlInterruptedReading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson I got this book over a year ago and attempted to read it when I first got it but the first chapter was painfully boring for me and it was shelved (not something I like to do, once I start a book I commit to it but this was an exception at the time). I picked up again, pushed myself through the first chapter and continued on, I'm glad I did. I didn't have high expectations or any idea really what the book was about other than it was inspired by the author witnessing a rape and regretting not doing anything, something very sensitive and can be a uncomfortable read. The story had several plots going on and overall to be very separate from each other until midway through the book. The drama with the magazine and Mikael is mild and appears randomly through out the main plot, which made it confusing at times keeping track of which characters were part of what story line. The Vagners especially were hard to keep track of as long as their back stories, who were their parents, their children, schools, who was there and so on. I know there are two more books in the series and I intend to read them, but I wished there was more back story to Salander, not everything of course, but something (especially since in the movie they mentioned something that I don't recall reading & after looking into it, it wasn't in the book). Overall this was a good read and I am glad I gave it another try. I look forward to reading the other books.