GirlInterruptedReading

Girl Interrupted Reading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest: Book 3 of the Millennium Trilogy (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard) - Stieg Larsson The ending and the beginning of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is what made the book good and have a satisfying ending to the series. I didn't like this book as much as the 2nd one but it was still very interesting. What I did dislike about it was the set up of it, the beginning basically tells you everything and then the rest of the book is seeing how Blomkvist and the other figure this out. This made it hard to keep track of what they already know and how they found out, as well as what they have left to figure out. It got a little repetitive and since the reader already knows this information it was getting a bit old and just wanted it to speed up. What compensates for this is the random drama with Berger that has nothing to do with the overall plot. The last part of the book is perfect and is very suspension despite taking place in a courtroom. The actual ending was very well done and not over the top at all.

I was a bit disappointed that Salader's tattoos were never explained nor was anything really done with her sister, but I later discovered the series was planned to be 10 books and that the 4th book went more into her background. It's unfortunate the author passed away and we are left with a incomplete series but I think if it had to be cut short the 3rd book wasn't a bad place to stop.