GirlInterruptedReading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor

The Cuckoo's Calling

The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith Like many people I read The Cuckoo's Calling after finding out JK Rolling wrote it, but unlike many other readers, I have not read the Harry Potter series and I liked Casual Vacancy. Cuckoo's Calling was alright. I liked the characters, especially Strike and Lula even though we only got to know her based on what was found out and what was said about her, but you still get a sense of who she was. The pace is kind of slow and you practically have to take notes if you want to try and figure out who did it and see's whose stories don't match up. This can be a good thing because I don't like when mysteries are spelled out but it can be frustrating as well at times. I didn't like the ending at all. The guy who hired the detective turns out to be the killer? Um ok, no one suspected him at all and he does that. It also annoyed me that Strike pretty much knew it was him for awhile but the reader has no clue that he is leaning that way, we get access to all his other thoughts, but not that.