GirlInterruptedReading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor

1984

1984 - George Orwell, Erich Fromm I really enjoyed reading 1984. I had some idea what the book was about but not the details. The first part of the book is mostly about Winston Smith living life in a monitored world where he feels completely alone in knowing that everything is a lie. The 2nd part is about him defying the government for love/sex and joining a underground organization that was dedicated to taking the government down. The third part is the most impressive, it's revealed he was set up and monitored more closely than he thought, he is brainwashed into loving the government only to be killed once his brain is "pure" he thinks he can hold onto his sanity and have the final laugh but he doesn't. I felt part of the book was predictable, the secret organization was a set up by the government, what I didn't expect was for him to be brainwashed into loving big brother the ending was the most shocking and different from what I expected because I did think he was going to manage to do his last minute laughs at big brother and corrupt, but he didn't and I loved it.