GirlInterruptedReading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor

The Goldfinch

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt I went back and forth on whether or not to give The Goldfinch 4 or 5 star review. I'm sticking with 5 because, although it has its flaws and at times frustrated me, it's one of those books that sticks with you and it is beautifully written. The book is long, no doubt about that, but it's a good long. You see what Theo does after his mom dies as a teenager and his feelings toward the painting then when the time jumps happens and he's 10 years older you understand why adult Theo is the way he is, I loved that. The book also makes you think about what would you do in his situation with the painting, especially after hearing other people being caught and sentenced to jail (I think most people would just destroy the painting) and then the end is just a mind fuck of everything coming together, is it a coincidence, luck, god? To me that make's this a 5 star book (plus I had no clue that Boris jacked the painting, finding that out was just an OH SHIT moment that doesn't happen enough when reading) when a book can make you think about it when you aren't reading it and develop a new appreciation for something. I really want to see this Goldfinch painting now.