GirlInterruptedReading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor

The Structure of Scientific Revolutions: 50th Anniversary Edition

The Structure of Scientific Revolutions: 50th Anniversary Edition - Thomas S. Kuhn, Ian Hacking I read this for Mark Zuckerberg’s book club, A Year Of Books. I am not a scientist, I like science as in seeing it and hearing about new big discoveries, but I don’t conduct experiments or read up in detail about the current events in science. This is why I am not rating this book. I understood it in general terms, but once it went into more detail and the history of science I was at a loss. Thomas Kuhn explained paradigms (basically scientific laws that are established and do not need to be reconfirmed) well and the process it takes that causes changes to them or to be thrown out and replaced then how the changes are used to reevaluate previous founding based on the previous version paradigms. That is about all I understood from this book, he gave examples with great detail that I could not follow. So overall its an informative book, a bit too advance for me, I’m sure people who have more knowledge of scientific fields could really enjoy it.