GirlInterruptedReading

Books = Life.

Hip Hop Family Tree Book 2: 1981-1983
Ed Piskor

All the Rage

All the Rage - Courtney Summers This book broke me. I’m gonna try to review it, but if it comes out as gibberish, sorry.

I was looking forward to reading All The Rage, I saw the description of it a few months ago and it caught my attention. Rape culture has been in the spotlight lately, but still nothing has really changed and this book is based on the rape culture problem. I never read a Courtney Summers book and I’m not a fan of young adult books usually and only read them here and there (I’m just not that age anymore). So i wasn’t sure what to expect from All The Rage. Romy is an outcast and treated like shit at school because she was raped by a popular student who happens to be the sheriff’s son, but no one believes her because nothing happened to the boy who did it. But the story opens up with Romy remembering it and waking up in the woods, this confused the hell out of me for like a third of the book because the next chapter says 2 weeks earlier yet everyone is shunning her already so the rape already happened, yet the first chapter made it seem like it had just happened and the story was now going back before it did, but no. Once I got all that straightened out I was more captivated by the plot.

How Romy is treated is awful, how she feels about herself is hard to read, and how she lashes out and keeps everything to herslef almost makes you dislike her, but you get why she is behaving that way. The ending took me by surprise, it felt unfinished though, so maybe a sequel? I cried my eyes out at times and I don’t want to go into much detail about what happens, you just need to read it. It’s a hard read emotionally, but a good story that needs to be read.